Wednesday 5 October 2011

Today's adventure in the social welfare office and post office

I had to sign on this morning so ventured down at approximately 9.45am and thankfully there was only a few ahead of me. The guy who was in front of me didn't realise that he wasn't supposed to make an enquiry because it was a signing day and he got his head bitten off by the officer at the hatch.  She actually apologised to me for the delay which I thought was quite decent of her.  I decided to kill two birds with the one stone and get my payment protection form signed which thankfully she didn't object to.

Then when I went over to the post office to collect my weekly payment the lady who just arrived in in front of me had a child in a buggy with her and she was asking the girl ahead of her where to get a form of some sort and was told she'd get it up at the counter.  She decided to leave her child in the queue in the buggy and go to the counter to get the form and in the meantime the queue was moving along so I moved up ahead of the buggy.  Then she decided to push her away ahead of the people who had joined the queue behind me so that she could nudge her way in ahead of me. I kept my mouth shut but was quite annoyed and then she decided to leave the buggy again further up in the queue so that she could lean on a surface to complete the form so again I moved up ahead of the buggy - I was feeling quite sorry for the child in the buggy at this stage.  The queue moved up quite a bit while she was filling in her form and she then decided to go outside the railing (not sure what correct name is I'm afraid) of the queue and move in ahead of me which meant having to lift the "railing" up.  Well that was enough to really piss me off and I told her she should've either completed form before getting into queue or do it up at the counter so that she wouldn't keep skipping the queue and her reply was, "whats your problem?" but I kept my mouth shut because I probably would've said something I would've regretted!  Maybe I was just grumpy because it was early in the morning - well its early for me because I usually don't get up until 10am, but then again I did notice from the facial expressions on some of the other people in the queue that they weren't impressed with her.  Then I decided to go to the bank to lodge in my payment into my account but the queue was unbelievably long (my local bank is a very large one which usually means a very busy one) so I decided against it - I'd had enough of queuing for one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment