Thursday 6 October 2011

Peanuts

This morning I got a call from a company that I had applied for a job to a few weeks back but had been informed by email that I would not be called for interview.  The HR employee who rang me wanted to know if I'd be interested in being put forward for a 6 month contract as an Executive Assistant. I asked her what the salary being offered was and she informed me that it was €22K because I had never worked in the public sector before (well my very first job 17 years ago was but that doesn't count because I would've obviously been on a much lower salary than my last position) and would have to start at the bottom of the scale - what a joke. I told her to put me forward for the position and am still awaiting a call... no harm in attending an interview if I'm successful in securing one - will be good practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment